- CVS Health announced it is planning to hire 50,000 workers and pay bonuses to employees who will be working at its locations during the coronavirus pandemic
CVS Health announced it is planning to hire 50,000 workers and pay bonuses to employees who will be working at its locations during the coronavirus pandemic, according to USA Today. Plus CVS will give its employees bonuses of up to $500. The eligible recipients include pharmacists, managers, and store employees.
“Our colleagues have demonstrated an extraordinary commitment to providing essential goods and services at a time when they’re needed most,” said CVS CEO Larry Merlo in a statement. “As they continue to be there for the individuals and families we serve, we’re taking extra steps to provide some peace of mind and help them navigate these uncertain times.”
The 50,000 new jobs will be for full-time, part-time, and temporary positions, including store work, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees, and customer service.
And CVS also said it would give 24 hours of paid sick leave to part-time employees. The workers who test positive or need have be quarantined are also eligible for 14 days of paid leave.
CVS is not the only major company that is looking to hire tens of thousands of people. Walmart is planning to hire 150,000 workers and payout $550 million in bonuses. And Amazon is planning to hire 100,000 new workers due to “unprecedented” labor needs.
Those who have been furloughed from hotel chains like Marriott are Hilton are being encouraged to apply for the jobs.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- COVID-19 Stimulus Check Calculator 2020
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Sends Motivational Email To Employees About COVID-19 Response
- Deloitte Digital’s Salesforce Academy Launches New Training Opportunities For University Students
- Ray Dalio Launches Weekly Newsletter On LinkedIn Called 'The Changing World Order'