- Silicon Valley venture capital firm U.S. Venture Partners announced it promoted Dafina Toncheva to General Partner. These are the details.
Silicon Valley venture capital firm U.S. Venture Partners recently announced that it promoted Dafina Toncheva to General Partner. Toncheva had joined USVP in November 2012 after she spent several years in high-technology operating roles and experience at companies like Microsoft, Bain, and Venrock.
Toncheva invests in emerging technologies in the enterprise space with a focus on enterprise SaaS applications and cybersecurity. And Toncheva’s track record includes leading the first institutional round of investment in companies such as Cloudflare (IPO), Kenna Security, Matrixx Software and Prevoty (acquired by Imperva). Toncheva is also on the board of companies like Inside Sales, Raken, Percepto, Luma Health, and Arkose Labs.
“Dafina was the first venture capitalist to discover Cloudflare and believe in the opportunity we had ahead of us. She has continued to be an advisor and mentor to me over the years. I was proud to have her standing with us on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange when Cloudflare went public — almost exactly 10 years after we first met,” said Matthew Prince, co-founder and CEO of Cloudflare.
At Microsoft, Toncheva worked in software development and product management where she focused on authentication systems, digital signatures, and business workflows. Plus she worked on MSN Live ID and MS Office, and co-authored several key patents.
“Dafina is a valuable member of the USVP team. She is a talented contributor to our success and possesses a combination of deep technical background, business acumen and venture investment experience,” said Casey Tansey, USVP General Partner. “The promotion of Dafina to General Partner recognizes her outstanding investment results and our confidence and expectations of her future contributions,” explained Rick Lewis, general partner at USVP.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About