Google has hired Jared Cohen. Cohen is a member of the Secretary of State’s Policy Planning Staff, who was hired by Condoleezza Rice. Cohen focuses on counter-terrorism in his work and works under Hillary Clinton.
During the post-election Iran protests in 2009, Cohen reached out to Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey to reschedule their planned maintenance so that Iranians could continue to tweet.
Cohen is going to be building a division at Google called Google Ideas. Essentially Google Ideas will be a think tank within the company’s New York office.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Bengaluru-Based Payment Gateway Company Razorpay Raises $75 Million
- Amazon’s Twitch Acquires Bebo: Details About The Deal You Should Know
- Camp: Retail Store Founded By BuzzFeed CMO Ben Kaufman Raises $10.5 Million
- AI Inference Processor Company Mythic Raises $30 Million In Series B-1
- Valo Ventures: Google Capital Co-Founder Scott Tierney Sets Up Venture Capital Firm For A Brighter Future