Google has a new service called My Location. This feature tracks the closest phone tower connecting to your mobile device. And this connection makes it possible for Google Maps to put a “You Are Here” location tracker on the map software of your device.
This is done without tracking your number and who you are. The best part of this feature is that it doesn’t require any GPS capabilities on your mobile device. On a mobile device, when the Google Maps application is loaded hit the 0 button and it should tell you where you are.
Below is a video demo from Google:
 GigaOM: With Googleâ€™s My Location, Who Needs a GPS?
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- VMware Finalizes The $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Pivotal
- PwC Reveals Why Its $3 Billion Upskilling Program Is Important For Society
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: 'Satya Has Made Good' On Microsoft's Acquisition Agreement
- How Google Is Using AI To Improve Breast Cancer Screening
- Pepsi Has A New Tagline: ‘That’s What I Like’