- Google has recently hired Javier Soltero as its Vice President of G Suite. Soltero previously worked at Microsoft as the Corporate Vice President of Cortana.
Javier Soltero has been hired as the Vice President of G Suite at Google. Soltero was previously the Corporate Vice President of Cortana at Microsoft. At Google, Soltero will oversee tools like Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Google Hangouts, and Gmail.
“The opportunity to work with this team on products that have such a profound impact on the lives of people around the world is a real and rare privilege. I’m excited to get to work,” wrote Soltero in a tweet.
Soltero started working at Microsoft five years ago. Microsoft hired Soltero after acquiring his mobile email app company Acompli for $200 million.
Going forward, Soltero is going to report to Google Cloud CEO Thomas Kurian. Soltero is succeeding Prabhakar Raghavan, who is now SVP for Advertising and Commerce products at Google.
Earlier this year, Google CEO Sundar Pichai said that its cloud unit is now seeing an $8 billion annual revenue run rate — which is up from $4 billion last year. And Google is planning to triple its cloud business over the next few years. Recently, Google Cloud also hired Brigette McInnis-Day as the head of human resources to ramp up the hiring initiatives.
Photo Credit: Javier Soltero
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About