Southfield, Michigan-based automotive technology company Lear Corporation announced it has invested in Israel-based venture capital fund Maniv Mobility — which is a venture firm that is focused on advancing mobility technology. Lear is making the investment through its Lear Innovation Ventures (LIV) division. And the investment will enable future collaboration and deepen Lear’s involvement in the mobility technology ecosystem.
Maniv Mobility is especially focused on investing in connected, autonomous, ridesharing, and mobility startup companies. And Lear is known for serving every major automaker in the world. And Lear content can be found on more than 400 vehicle nameplates.
“Maniv is recognized as one of the premier investment funds focusing on the key trends in the automotive market, which makes it a great opportunity for LIV,” said Lear chief technology officer John Absmeier in a statement. “This is an exciting time of transformation for the industry, and Israel is at the forefront of the flourishing auto tech sector. We look forward to this strategic partnership and the innovations that will come from both start-ups and established companies that are driving the future of mobility.”
This is not Lear’s first mobility investment in Israel. A couple of years ago, Lear bought EXO Technologies — which is an Israeli developer of high accuracy vehicle positioning technology company that drives change through increased accuracy and functional safety for ADAS and autonomous driving applications.
Read More On Pulse 2.0:
- Tel Aviv-Based Brodmann17 Secures $11 Million To Grow Its Vision-First Technology For Automated Driving
- Jerusalem-Based In-Vehicle Cybersecurity Company C2A Security Secures $6.5 Million
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- These Former Bain Executives Are Raising $400 Million For A New Hedge Fund Called 325 Capital
- Ebix’s $337.8 Million Acquisition Of Yatra: Details About The Deal You Should Know About
- Kopari Beauty Raises $20 Million
- Robot-Assisted Dental Surgery Platform Company Neocis Raises $30 Million
- Robinhood: DST Leads $323 Million Series E Round At $7.6 Billion Valuation