- Private equity firm Blackstone recently announced that Limin Wang has joined the firm as a Managing Director on the Quantitative Research team in Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM).
Blackstone recently announced that Limin Wang has joined the firm as a Managing Director on the Quantitative Research team in Blackstone Alternative Asset Management (BAAM). Limin is joining Blackstone from Laurion Capital Management where he spent four years as a Portfolio Manager.
Prior to that, he spent more than ten years with Credit Suisse as a director on their proprietary trading desk. And he also has held roles at Lehman Brothers and at Columbia University where he served as a research scientist in theoretical physics. Wang holds a PhD in Theoretical Physics from the University of Pennsylvania, an M.Phil/M.A. in Physics from Columbia University, and a B.A. in Physics from Fudan University in Shanghai.
“We are excited to welcome Limin to BAAM as we continue to integrate sophisticated quantitative analysis and investment techniques into all of our strategies. Limin’s deep experience in factor-driven and fundamental-based investing will inform and bolster our quantitative research efforts,” said Blackstone’s Alternative Asset Management (BAAM) president and CEO John McCormick.
Limin joins a BAAM quantitative team that includes Yan Gu (Head of Quantitative Research and Managing Director in BAAM) and Jamey Thompson (Managing Director, who leads BAAM’s systematic investing initiative). And Yan — who was hired earlier this year — holds a PhD in Theoretical Physics from the University of Pennsylvania and an MS from Stanford University’s Department of Management Science and Engineering.
Jamey has a PhD from Princeton University’s Department of Operations Research and Financial Engineering and is currently an Adjunct Professor at the University of Virginia. And Jamey was also previously Managing Director and Co-Head of Citadel’s Credit Group. Along with their quantitative training, Limin, Yan, and Jamey each have over fifteen years of financial industry experience.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched