- October is considered one of the best months for hiring. Here are some of the ways you can prepare for job applications with LinkedIn.
October is not just known for football and pumpkin spice. Recently, LinkedIn Head of Global Integrated Marketing and Communications Catherine Fisher revealed why the month of October is the best month to look for a new job.
Why? Fisher pointed out that there are more available job postings on LinkedIn than in other months. And 89% of hiring managers said that it takes under four weeks to fill a role. There are over 20 million jobs on LinkedIn and there has been an increase in roles that companies want to fill before the end of the year.
Fisher made a few suggestions for users to take advantage of the hiring rush including tailoring your search, setting up Job Alerts, highlighting your skills, and preparing for interviews.
To tailor your search, you can set search filters to narrow by job function, experience level, industry or company. Or you can set keywords such as “remote work” or “international travel.” Plus LinkedIn will show you search suggestions based on your profile on the jobs homepage.
The number one day for hiring managers to post opportunities are on Monday. So Fisher suggested that you jump on jobs in real-time as they are posted with the LinkedIn Job Alerts. Professionals who are among the first 25 to apply to a role are 3x more likely to land the job so being an early application gives you an advantage.
In order to prepare for interviews, LinkedIn offers a suite of Interview Prep tools to help you practice. This new feature also allows you to send video recordings of yourself to people in your network to receive feedback.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About