Microsoft Corporation announced yesterday that CIO, Stuart Scott [not the ESPN sportscaster] will be let go for violation of company policy.Â What Stuart did exactly is a mystery.Â The dismissalÂ actually took place last Friday.Â Firing people on a Friday is a good time “because it lets people have a weekend to decompress [Source: Guy Kawasaki].”
Stuart Scott’s responsibilities at Microsoft was to manage the technology infrastructure.Â Scott reported directly to B. Kevin Turner, COO of Microsoft who reports to CEO, Steve Ballmer.Â Scott joined Microsoft in 2005 after working for General Electric for 17 years.Â Alain Crozier, corporate VP that reports to B. Kevin Turner and Shahla Aly will temporarily take on Scott’s responsibilities.Â Turner is the former CIO of Wal-Mart and CEO of Sam’s Warehouse.
Scott’s bio page is still on Microsoft.com, but may only be so temporarily.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- MPOWER Financing Secures $100 Million From Goldman Sachs
- Why BC Partners Is Buying Presidio For $2.1 Billion
- Why Publicis Groupe Acquired Rauxa
- Root Insurance: Ohio-Based Company Raises $350 Million Funding At $3.65 Billion Valuation
- Mason: How This Mobile Infrastructure Company Is Now Valued At More Than $100 Million