- Stormy Peters recently announced that she was hired by Microsoft as the head of Open Source Programs Office
Recently, Stormy Peters announced on Twitter that she was hired by Microsoft as the head of Open Source Programs Office. Peters has been an advocate of open-source programs for many years so this department hire makes sense.
Prior to joining Microsoft, Peters used to be the senior manager of Red Hat’s community leads team since November 2016. And she is also part of Mozilla’s Open Source Support (MOSS) Selection Committee.
Peters is also known as the founder and director of Kids on Computers — which is a nonprofit that sets up computer labs in schools that have lower budgets. And Peters was also the VP of Developer Relations for the Cloud Foundry Foundation.
Plus Peters used to serve on the board for the GNOME Foundation along with serving as an executive for OpenLogic. Between 1995 and 2005, Peters worked in a number of roles at Hewlett-Packard.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Huda Kattan Built A Beauty Brand Worth More Than $1 Billion
- Detroit-Based Huron Capital Names Anthony Pulice As Partner
- Report: Getaround Is Raising Over $200 Million At More Than A $1 Billion Valuation
- GM Names Deborah Wahl As Chief Of Global Marketing
- Farm Management Platform Company Fieldin Raises $12 Million