- Natalie Sandman has joined Spark Capital as an investor. At Spark, Sandman is going focused on early-stage software startups.
Natalie Sandman has joined Spark Capital as an investor. At Spark, Sandman is going focused on early-stage software startups. Sandman is going to join Spark’s office in San Francisco.
“Since day one at Spark, nearly 15 years ago, we’ve been obsessed with magical products — believing products can create markets, not just find market fit. So, naturally, when I and the rest of the Spark gang, met Natalie what first struck us was her product experience — both from the operating and investing side,” wrote Spark Capital general partner Kevin Thau in a blog post on Medium.
Previously, Sandman worked as an investor at Shasta Ventures where she invested in consumer and enterprise technology startups. Sandman is a board observer at Lattice and she also previously worked as the head of product at Ravelin Technology in London.
Before that, Sandman was a product manager at Zenefits where she helped build the health insurance product and time tracking products during a hyper-growth phase ($1 million to $60 million ARR and 50 employees to 1,000 employees in 2 years). And she also worked as a product analyst at Beyond after graduating from Harvard.
“More than anything, though, the founders Natalie has worked with were effusively positive about her influence and partnership. Founders spoke of her early belief in them and their products — long before others. This early founder and product conviction is key to how we approach seed and Series A investing at Spark,” added Thau.
Featured image credit: Natalie Sandman
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Ray Dalio: Trade War With China Could Turn Into A Capital War
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: Using Compassion To Build A Company
- Deutsche Bank: Machine Learning Has Saved 680,000 Hours Of Manual Work
- Agentless Cross-Platform Digital Forensics Company ZecOps Secures $10.2 Million In Funding
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: New Kubernetes-Based Platform And Next-Gen HPC And AI Solutions