- Nike recently announced that it acquired leading predictive analytics and demand sensing company Celect to fuel its Consumer Direct Offense strategy
Nike recently announced that it acquired Celect — which is a leading retail predictive analytics and demand sensing company that is based in Boston. Nike’s acquisition of Celect will fuel its Consumer Direct Offense strategy by serving consumers personally at a global scale.
“With the acquisition of Celect, Nike greatly accelerates our digital advantage by adding a platform developed by world-class data scientists.” said NIKE COO Eric Sprunk in a statement. “As demand for our product grows, we must be insight-driven, data-optimized and hyper-focused on consumer behavior. This is how we serve consumers more personally at scale.”
Founded in 2013, Celect has a cutting-edge intellectual property portfolio across data science and software engineering. And Celect’s cloud-based analytics platform provides proprietary insights that allow retailers to optimize inventory across an omnichannel environment through hyper-local demand predictions.
Celect’s team is going to immediately be integrated into Nike’s Global Operations Team and its co-founders will continue as tenured professors at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology while consulting Nike on an ongoing basis.
“We’re thrilled to be joining the Nike team, adding our unique and innovative capabilities to the data and analytics foundation they’ve been building over the years,” added Celect CEO John Andrews.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Ray Dalio: Trade War With China Could Turn Into A Capital War
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: Using Compassion To Build A Company
- Deutsche Bank: Machine Learning Has Saved 680,000 Hours Of Manual Work
- Agentless Cross-Platform Digital Forensics Company ZecOps Secures $10.2 Million In Funding
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: New Kubernetes-Based Platform And Next-Gen HPC And AI Solutions