- Digital payment player Paytm announced it signed a strategic partnership with women community platform SHEROES. These are the details.
Paytm — one of the largest digital payment players in India — has signed a strategic partnership with women community platform SHEROES. As part of the agreement, a social community platform will be built exclusively for women on Paytm app. It’s also worth mentioning that Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma is an investor in SHEROES.
This platform will be added on Paytm Inbox as an interactive social feed where women can engage in topics like health, careers, cooking, and hobbies. And the platform can be used for sharing life stories and achievements with others in the community.
“This is an important initiative towards women’s empowerment as it provides specially curated content and various communities that they can participate in as per their interests. This social platform will provide a powerful forum for them to express, learn and share while educating themselves,” said Paytm senior vice president Deepak Abbot.
SHEROES — which was founded by Sairee Chahal in 2013 — has 14 million users and 30 communities in a range of sectors like homemakers, gig workers, students, and entrepreneurs. The organization’s goal is to hit 100 million users in the next 3 years.
“Leveraging Paytm’s depth and reach, millions of women Internet users can now access over 1000 communities offering advice, a platform for visibility and conversations. This partnership is a strategic step towards our goal of taking the community ecosystem to 100 million women,” added SHEROES chief product officer Avinash Hindupur.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- Why ServiceNow (NOW) Is Buying Configuration Data Management Company Sweagle