Picplz is a social photo sharing service that was founded by Imeem founders Dalton Caldwell and Bryan Berg. Picplz has raised $5 million in funding from Andreessen Horowitz. Marc Andreessen will be joining the company board of directors as a result of the funding.
Pictures taken from the Picplz mobile application is automatically tagged with your location and can be posted directly to Facebook and Twitter. You can check in to Foursquare when you take a Picplz picture as well.
Picplz started up as an Android application initially and then it launched an iPhone version this past August. Picplz saw about 100,000 downloads between the two platforms. The new round of funding will be used to further develop a product and monetization platform.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Huda Kattan Built A Beauty Brand Worth More Than $1 Billion
- Detroit-Based Huron Capital Names Anthony Pulice As Partner
- Report: Getaround Is Raising Over $200 Million At More Than A $1 Billion Valuation
- GM Names Deborah Wahl As Chief Of Global Marketing
- Farm Management Platform Company Fieldin Raises $12 Million