- Award-winning independent game developer Proletariat announced it closed $20 million in funding led by Take-Two Interactive Software
Proletariat — an award-winning independent game developer with the mission to create games that change the way communities play together — announced it has closed $20 million in Series C funding led by Take-Two Interactive Software with participation from existing investors Spark Capital, FirstMark Capital, and others.
Plus Michael Worosz, EVP and Head of Corporate Development & Independent Publishing at Take-Two Interactive Software, will join Proletariat’s Board of Directors.
“We’ve been looking for the right industry leaders to work with to help us take Spellbreak and Proletariat to the next level,” said Seth Sivak, CEO of Proletariat, Inc. “Michael and Take-Two bring a wealth of experience that will be vital as we expand the team, ramp-up development and prepare to self-publish Spellbreak next year for audiences around the world.”
Spellbreak is a AAA fantasy battle royale experience featuring epic magic combat and powerful spellcasting. Players are able to select a class, weave spell combinations, and fight to become a battlemage. This title is currently in closed beta.
Proletariat was founded in 2012 in Boston by a group of game-industry veterans from Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac. The company’s first major title World Zombination debuted in early 2015 as a coveted “Editor’s Choice” on the iOS App Store.
“Proletariat has a strong reputation as an organization that embraces a transparent development approach to deliver amazing experiences to its players,” added Worosz. “We are quite impressed with Seth and his team composed of exceptional creative talent at Proletariat and are proud to invest in their business and future success. Personally, I’m greatly looking forward to working with the Company to help make Spellbreak a hit when they publish the game next year.”
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees