- Tennis champion and tech investor Serena Williams recently announced that she is now a strategic adviser for The Mom Project
Tennis champion and tech investor Serena Williams recently announced that she is now a strategic adviser for Chicago-based startup The Mom Project, a digital talent marketplace that connects women with some of the best companies.
Following the birth of her daughter Olympia, Williams has become a major advocate for issues that mothers deal with.
Williams’ venture capital firm Serene Ventures is an investor in The Mom Project. And in December 2018, The Mom Project raised an $8 million round co-led by Initialized Capital — which is a venture firm co-founded by Williams’ husband Alexis Ohanian Sr.
The Mom Project has raised a total of more than $10 million and it has over 200,000 moms using their platform. Plus the company has helped bridge over $50 million in economic opportunities for its users, according to Forbes.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- COVID-19 Stimulus Check Calculator 2020
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella Sends Motivational Email To Employees About COVID-19 Response
- Deloitte Digital’s Salesforce Academy Launches New Training Opportunities For University Students
- Ray Dalio Launches Weekly Newsletter On LinkedIn Called 'The Changing World Order'