- Recently, Google announced it hired Shannon Studstill to oversee a new Stadia Games and Entertainment studio in Playa Vista, California
Recently, Google announced it hired Shannon Studstill to oversee a new Stadia Games and Entertainment studio in Playa Vista, California, near Los Angeles. Google Stadia is the search giant’s cloud gaming service that launched in beta last year.
Studstill was previously the VP of Product Development for the Sony PlayStation. Before Studstill joined Sony in 2011, she was the founder of Broodworks. And she also worked as an Executive Producer for Electronic Arts between January 2008 and June 2009.
Google Vice President of Stadia Games and Entertainment Jade Raymond pointed out that Studstill’s studio will be working on exclusive games along with new gameplay mechanics and unique ways of playing together.
“I’ve been a fan of Shannon’s for a long time, and have admired her award-winning work leading Sony’s Santa Monica Studio and the industry-defining franchises like God of War that have won fans all over the world. She has an extensive background in product development and creative leadership, but most importantly, she’s a visionary who, as the Studio Director, will lead and inspire the Playa Vista teams. We’re thrilled to welcome her to the Stadia family!” wrote Jade in a blog post.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched