- Susa Ventures announced it has hired Courtney Buie Lipkin as a partner at the firm where she will lead investments and support the portfolio.
In a Medium blog post, Susa Ventures partner Leo Polovets, general partner Seth Berman, head of operations Natalie Fleming Arora, and office manager Rachel (Shipp) Coffman announced that they have hired Courtney Buie Lipkin as a partner at the firm. Lipkin is going to work out of the firm’s office in San Francisco where she will be responsible for leading new investments and support the existing portfolio. Plus the company is going to develop new initiatives to deepen the firm’s relationship with the broader startup community.
“When we spoke with our LPs last year, they asked us, ‘When do you plan to bring on another investor?’ We told them with the right person ‘we would just know.’ As a co-investor, Courtney has been a member of the extended Susa family for the last several years. She shares Susa’s values, cares about supporting founders through the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial journey, and is committed to helping build a lasting platform for early companies,” said the Susa team in the blog post.
Lipkin is joining the firm from First Round Capital where she sourced new investments and also helped curate Angel Track — which is a program for emerging angel investors. And while at First Round, Lipkin invested in Shipwell, Promise, and Tillable. And she worked closely on a number of the firm’s other investments, including Nova Credit, Verkada, Looker, and Ossium.
“As with all investors at Susa Ventures, Courtney will invest across all sectors and verticals, but is particularly interested in companies changing foundational industries like real estate, transportation and logistics, insurance, and finance,” added the Susa team.
Featured photo credit: Courtney Buie Lipkin
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Ray Dalio: Trade War With China Could Turn Into A Capital War
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: Using Compassion To Build A Company
- Deutsche Bank: Machine Learning Has Saved 680,000 Hours Of Manual Work
- Agentless Cross-Platform Digital Forensics Company ZecOps Secures $10.2 Million In Funding
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise: New Kubernetes-Based Platform And Next-Gen HPC And AI Solutions