- Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT) announced it has named Thierry Delaporte as chief executive officer
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT) announced it has named Thierry Delaporte as chief executive officer. Delaporte previously worked at Wipro rival Capgemini SE as chief operating officer and member of the group executive board.
Delaporte will join Wipro on July 6 and succeed Abidali Neemuchwala. And Delaporte will also be a managing director at Wipro.
Back in January, Wipro said that Neemuchwala would leave the CEO position when a successor was determined. Wipro is headed by Indian billionaire Azim Premji, who serves as founder chairman of Wipro as a Non-Executive, Non-Independent Director
Delaporte is going to bring wide experience in consulting across various industries for this new leadership role. And Delaporte spent more than two decades at Capgemini. Delaporte will remain based in Paris.
“Thierry has an exceptional leadership track record,” said Wipro chairman Rishad Premji (son of Azim Premji) in a statement. “We believe that Thierry is the right person to lead Wipro in its next phase of growth.”
Rishad Premji will continue the day-to-day operations at Wipro until July 5.
Delaporte is the second Capgemini executive hired for an Indian tech services company. In 2017, Infosys hired Salil Parekh from Capgemini to serve as CEO of the company.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- Raytheon Technologies (RTX) Names Dantaya Williams As Chief Human Resources Officer
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched