- London-based online events platform Hopin has raised $6.5 million in a seed round of funding
London-based online events platform Hopin has raised $6.5 million in a seed round of funding from Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, and a number of angel investors. Launched last year, Hopin offers to host events like conferences and company events.
Some of the other investors who participated in this round include Web Summit’s Amaranthine Fund and Slack Fund. And a number of angel investors also participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless chief operating officer Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas, and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
“Hopin was built out of the idea of connecting people and tries to solve a clear problem,” said Hopin CEO and founder Johnny Boufarhat via Business Insider. “We think we will be the fastest-growing startup in the world.”
According to Business Insider, Sequoia, Index Ventures, and LocalGlobe were interested in doing a deal with Hopin. But the company decided to go with Accel following a two-month fundraising. Boufarhat told Business Insider that the company had interest from investors in the US and Europe, which made it “the most exciting time.” And the funding was raised without a formal pitch deck.
Hopin has been available for early access and handled over 1,000 events hosted on the platform since July. Now the company has a wait list of about 10,000 event organizers, according to Boufarhat.
With this round of funding, Hopin plans to build out its platform and expand on its team. Hopin employs about 15 people and many of them work virtually.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Pixellot: Automating Sports Video Production Solutions In A $15 Billion Market
- Lumber: Construction Workforce Management Platform Company Raises $5.5 Million
- Ceramic King Coatings: This Company Offers Advanced Exterior Automotive Protection Technology
- Hippocratic AI: This Company Is Building A Safety-Focused LLM To Improve Healthcare