- Venture capital firm Upfront Ventures announced that it has appointed two new general partners: Aditi Maliwal and Michael Carney
Upfront Ventures — a venture capital firm that is planning to raise $250 million for its third growth-stage investment fund and is also currently investing from a $400 million early-stage fund — has appointed two new general partners. Aditi Maliwal is joining Upfront Ventures as a partner. And Upfront principal Michael Carney was promoted to partner.
Maliwal was previously a product manager at Google. Before that, Maliwal was a venture associate at Crosslink Capita, an Investment Banking Analyst at Deutsche Bank Securities, an did an internship with JPMorgan in Hong Kong. Maliwal told TechCrunch that she was always interested in becoming a venture capitalist especially after taking a Stanford class taught by Threshold Ventures partner Heidi Roizen.
Carney originally joined Upfront in 2015. Before that Carney worked as a West Coast Editor at PandoDaily and worked as a managing director at boutique merchant bank WorldVest.
Upfront is led by general partners Mark Suster and Yves Sisteron. The venture firm originally started out under the name GRP Partners in 1996. And Upfront’s executive team also includes Greg Bettinelli (partner), Kobie Fuller (general partner), Kara Nortman (partner), and Kevin Zhang (partner).
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Why Kronos And Ultimate Software Are Merging In A $22 Billion Deal
- Microsoft Sets Up An Innovation Hub In Noida, India
- Why Accenture Is Buying VanBerlo
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About
- Comcast And NuEyes To Enable Customers With Visual Disabilities To See TV With Smartglasses