- Pinterest is hiring Waleed Ojeil from Google as its head of monetization engineering
Pinterest is hiring Waleed Ojeil from Google as its head of monetization engineering. Ojeil spent more than 14 years working at Google as a senior director of engineering.
When he first started at Google, he was responsible for the search engine’s indexing infrastructure and built Union — which is a unified indexing infrastructure for structured, unstructured, public, and private data. And he led the next generation crawl infrastructure to support data ingestion for Google. Ojeil also led hundreds of engineers, technical leads, and directors across several sites.
“Pinterest is at the forefront of areas like visual search and shopping, inspiring hundreds of millions of people around the world to create a life they love,” said Ojeil. “I’m excited to build upon the team’s work in advertising, commerce, and monetization to enable more people to discover great ideas and go from Pin to purchase, as brands grow their businesses in an environment where their content is welcomed by users.”
Upon joining Pinterest, Ojeil is going to report to the head of engineering Jeremy King. And he will be heading up the company’s advertising engineering teams.
“As we build a visual discovery engine that surfaces inspiring ideas from brands to people open to new possibilities, Waleed’s expertise in complex technologies like databases, search and ads is a valuable addition to a growing team,” added King. “We’re excited to welcome such a well-regarded leader to join us through a period of tremendous growth.”
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- VMware Finalizes The $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Pivotal
- PwC Reveals Why Its $3 Billion Upskilling Program Is Important For Society
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: 'Satya Has Made Good' On Microsoft's Acquisition Agreement
- How Google Is Using AI To Improve Breast Cancer Screening
- Pepsi Has A New Tagline: ‘That’s What I Like’