- YouTube’s new AR Beauty Try-On feature can now be used in a video created in collaboration between M·A·C Cosmetics and Roxette Arisa Howe
Back in June, YouTube announced a new AR Beauty Try-On feature will be rolling out. This feature allows YouTube viewers to try on makeup virtually. At the time of the announcement, YouTube said the feature will be arriving later this summer. And now you can virtually try on and shop for new lipsticks from M·A·C Cosmetics in the video created by YouTube personality Roxette Arisa Howe below (Note: For this feature to work, you have to view it through the YouTube app from a mobile device and ensure you are updated to the latest version):
While you are watching the video, you should see a button that says try it on. And this will launch the camera from your mobile device. If you do not see your face immediately after pushing the button, then you most likely did not update your YouTube app yet.
M·A·C Cosmetics is the first official brand partner to bring an AR Beauty Try-On campaign to creators through YouTube’s branded content division FameBit.
“We’re so excited to see M·A·C’s artistry and innovation come to life in this uniquely digital way. Being able to bring our newest lip shades to consumers through FameBit’s AR Beauty Try-On is a pioneering step, fusing the experience of content viewing and shopping,” said Constantin Sklavenitis, SVP/GM of M·A·C Cosmetics North America.
FameBit’s business model enables brands like M·A·C to give influencers the freedom to create content that resonates authentically with their fans. And at the same time, brands have the tools to measure the business impact of their influencer marketing campaigns.
“In partnership with M·A·C Cosmetics and creators, we’re pioneering the next wave of influencer marketing with Google’s new augmented reality technology. The possibilities here are endless,” added FameBit head Beau Avril.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- Composable Observability Platform Grafana Labs Raises $24 Million In Funding
- How Bank Of America Is Saving $2 Billion Every Year By Building Its Own Cloud
- Ellevest Founder Sallie Krawcheck Reveals How She Stays Energetic
- Smartsheet Announces Integration With Adobe Creative Cloud
- iPad Air 2 vs. iPad Air 3: Differences You Should Know About