- Yum China Holdings Inc (NYSE: YUMC) announced it will bring the plant-based burgers made by Beyond Meat Inc (NASDAQ: BYND) to its fast-food restaurants in mainland China
Today Yum China Holdings Inc (NYSE: YUMC) announced it will bring the plant-based burgers made by Beyond Meat Inc (NASDAQ: BYND) to its fast-food restaurants in mainland China starting June 3. Specifically, the plant-based burgers will be added as a limited-time offering at certain KFC, Pizza Hut, and Taco Bell locations in mainland China.
This partnership is essential for Beyond Meat as the company has been looking for partnerships to get into the Chinese market. And the Yum brands in the U.S. have been working with Beyond Meat already so expansion to China seemed inevitable.
Meat alternative products have not taken off as much in Asia as the U.S. and Europe yet. But this partnership could change that.
KFC is going to offer the plant-based burger as a three-day limited offer at 5 locations across Beijing, Chengdu, Hangzhou and Shanghai.
Beyond Meat also partnered with Starbucks in the U.S. in April.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Microsoft Plans To Help Upskill 25 Million People By The End Of The Year (MSFT)
- EY Partners With Hult To Offer Free Virtual Corporate MBA For Company Employees
- ClickUp: $35 Million Funding And Remote Work OS Product Suite Launched
- Zoom Video Communications (ZM) And ServiceNow (NOW) Sign Major Partnership