- Katie Jacobs Stanton announced that she has launched her debut venture capital fund Moxxie Ventures has raised $25 million
Katie Jacobs Stanton — who is known as the co-founder of the #ANGELS investment group and as a former executive at Twitter — announced that her debut venture capital fund Moxxie Ventures has raised $25 million. Stanton is the sole general partner at the firm. With this fund, Stanton will be investing checks of $250,000 or larger for underrepresented founders.
“Today, I’m thrilled to introduce Moxxie Ventures, a seed-stage firm focused on backing exceptional founders who make life and work better. Moxxie’s first fund is $25M and backed by some of the best in the business including Industry Ventures, Cendana, Foundry Group, Upfront Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, Gingerbread Capital, #ANGELS, Susan Wojcicki, Anne Wojcicki, Katie Haun, Aileen Lee, Gina Bianchini, Marc Andreessen, Chris & Crystal Sacca, Jerry Yang, Ev & Sara Williams, Bain Capital Ventures, Bloomberg Beta and many more people I greatly admire,” wrote Stanton in a blog post.
Before Moxxie, Stanton founded #ANGELS alongside Chloe Sladden, Jessica Verrilli, April Underwood, Vijaya Gadde, and Jana Messerschmidt a few years ago. The goal of #ANGELS was to bring more women investors on startup cap tables. Four of the women on #ANGELS are limited partners at Moxxie. They will be sharing deal flow but will invest in startups independently. Going forward, Stanton will continue working with #ANGELS as well.
Two of the #ANGELS also joined venture capital firms. Now Verilli is a General Partner at GV (venture arm at Google) and Jana Messerschmidt is an investor at LightSpeed Venture Partners.
The reason why Stanton is focused on underrepresented entrepreneurs is due to just 2.8% of U.S. venture capital going towards female-led startups in 2019.
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- VMware Finalizes The $2.7 Billion Acquisition Of Pivotal
- PwC Reveals Why Its $3 Billion Upskilling Program Is Important For Society
- LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner: 'Satya Has Made Good' On Microsoft's Acquisition Agreement
- How Google Is Using AI To Improve Breast Cancer Screening
- Pepsi Has A New Tagline: ‘That’s What I Like’