- Game development studio Singularity 6 announced that it recently raised $16.5 million in Series A funding.
Singularity 6 — a game development studio that is creating deeper and more meaningful experiences — announced recently that it raised $16.5 million in Series A funding. Andreessen Horowitz led the round. And London Venture Partners (LVP) and FunPlus Ventures also participated in the Series A round.
Singularity 6 was founded by former Riot Games employees Anthony Leung and Aidan Karabaich.
“We called our company Singularity 6 because we want to build towards a particular future — a world in which the evolution of technology brings us closer together and not further apart. One that makes us stronger together, and not more isolated and alone. One that tears down the barriers we build up between us across the world, our cities, our neighborhoods, our homes,” said Karabaich
Andreessen Horowitz partner Andrew Chen is joining the board at Singularity 6 in conjunction with the funding round.
“Aidan and Anthony have highly relevant backgrounds and complementary skills that make them the ideal team to bring their vision to the market. They spent years in senior roles at Riot Games, the creators of League of Legends, one the most important game developers of the last decade. Riot popularized the category of MOBAs — multiplayer online battle arenas — that is today one of the cornerstones of eSports industry,” added Chen. “Anthony served as Development Director, where he led large teams to deliver the company’s core franchise to hundreds of millions of gamers. Aidan was Lead Game Designer, where he led design for an upcoming game from Riot’s R&D teams. Together, they have recruited a top-notch group of engineers, artists, and designers from across the industry for Singularity 6.”
Trending on Pulse 2.0
- How Huda Kattan Built A Beauty Brand Worth More Than $1 Billion
- Detroit-Based Huron Capital Names Anthony Pulice As Partner
- Report: Getaround Is Raising Over $200 Million At More Than A $1 Billion Valuation
- GM Names Deborah Wahl As Chief Of Global Marketing
- Farm Management Platform Company Fieldin Raises $12 Million